NSWMA Membership Information
Member Directory | Membership Brochure | Download Application (with Dues Information)
Existing Member/Renew Here | New Member/Join Here
The National Solid Wastes Management Association (NSWMA) was established in 1962 to help its members succeed by providing advocacy, networking and information. Today, NSWMA continues to provide services and benefits to for-profit companies in North America that provide solid, hazardous, and medical waste collection, recycling, waste disposal services, and companies that provide professional services to the waste industry. Here are some of the many services NSWMA provides its members:
- Safety – Videos, manuals, our weekly e-newsletter, Safety Monday, and seminars help you train your personnel to reduce injuries and fatalities.
- Legislative/Regulatory – State chapters focus on legislative and regulatory issues that affect your day-to-day operations. NSWMA staff follows these issues, testify at hearings, make personal visits to regulators and provide them with chapter position papers.
- Networking – Our chapter meetings, regional annual meetings and WasteExpo have become known as the best place to learn about trends in the solid wastes industry, reconnect with old colleagues and meet new associates. Our Councils and Institutes provide additional forums to discuss important issues and serve the association.
- Information – Publications like the Daily Clips, special reports on important industry issues and our website provide timely information to help you make business decisions. NSWMA staff is also available to answer your questions about membership or industry concerns.
- Savings – NSWMA members receive discounts on WasteExpo admission and exhibitor fees, NSWMA/WASTEC events and our library of publications. Members also have access to the Member Savings Program, chosen to save members money as well as serve member needs for insurance, credit card processing and more.
- Promotion/Education – The Environmentalists. Every Day. program was created to promote the waste and recycling industry and our members by highlighting the work you do every day. It also provides tools and training to help you spread the word about the industry and is a resource for those looking for general information and facts on garbage collection, recycling and more!